of Fast Reactors
A technical meeting organized at the ENEA Brasimone center under the auspices of the IAEA’s Technical Working Group on Fast Reactors, to discuss experiences and the latest innovations and technological challenges related to the thermal-hydraulics of fast reactors.
The main objectives of the meeting are to:
- Promote and facilitate the exchange of information on thermalhydraulics of fast reactors at the national and international levels;
- Present and discuss the current status of R&D in this field;
- Discuss and identify R&D needs and gaps to assess the future requirements in the field, which should eventually lead to efforts being concentrated in the key lacking areas;
- Enable the integration of research on thermalhydraulics in Member States to support the development of new technologies that have a higher level of technological readiness;
- Provide recommendations to the IAEA for future joint efforts and coordinated research activities (if required) in the field; and
- Prepare a reference document summarizing the work presented by the participants, including the findings of the study in the standard IAEA publications format.
The scientific programme gravitates around several technical areas, organized in six tracks: